Alexandrite Properties Jewelry major source of luck and good fortune
Posted on: Wednesday, Aug 10, 2011
There are not many legends with Alexandrite properties since it is a new discovery. Despite of that, the fact about alexandrite is it has a unique color in which this hold high magical powers. Not only that, it also had a very high healing properties too. It is a very rare stone and around 1900 it was thought that the stone is already extinct but few deposits were still found. Alexandrite is very expensive since it is so rare. But technology has advance so far so the good news is they can create lab simulated alexandrite to ensure that every one can have the precious stone at an affordable price. You can select any metal like sterling silver, white gold, yellow gold and platinum to be fitted the stone then you can see how beautiful it is and experience the rich effects almost instantly. Today, fashion is given a great importance by everyone and so you must have alexandrite.
Chemical composition: Alexandrite is an amazing stone to be wear because you won’t need to fear of dropping the stone or being extra careful with it. Since it is a very hard stone and it was even known to next to diamond in its hardness. According to Moh’s scale it hardness is 8. Alexandrite properties are mainly a kind of chrysoberyl. The minerals that comprised the stone are the beryllium, aluminum and oxygen. It has incredible power in absorbing light which makes its dual colors characteristic takes place. The properties of alexandrite as well as the healing aspects will be different in different lights.
Here are some of the properties of Alexandrite that have been found in the recent years.
- The color of the stone is dual this is because of the great absorption powers that it possesses. The stone looks green in day light and looks purplish red in other artificial light.
- Recently, another rare variety has been found which appear like red in day light but when place artificial light it turns bluish.
- The healing features of Alexandrite are said to be associated with the nervous system. It is helpful for people who have personal problems like low confidence, low self esteem etc. and very effective for problems in pancreas.
- It is believed that this stone is a major source of luck and good fortune
- Alexandrite opens one’s heart that makes the person to openly accept all the joy that their life offers.
Where can we find alexandrite gemstones?
Russia was the first country where the Alexandrite can be found and there are still few deposits that are available in the said country. Burma, Brazil, Ceylon, Madagascar and Zimbabwe are some of the other countries that Alexandrite can be found.
You can check the Alexandrite Jewelry: CLICK HERE
You can also visit our main website Earth’s Treasure: CLICK HERE
All original material copyright © Earth’s Treasure 1998 – 2010. Reproduction of material is forbidden.
- Comments Off